Clinics and Services
Patients who live more than one mile from a chemist may have their prescriptions dispensed at the surgery. The health service regulations on this matter are very strict and this service can be offered only to those patients who register as dispensing patients when they join the practice or when they move house.
Please visit the dispensary for more information.
We hold Saturday morning flu clinics every autumn at both the main Fakenham Surgery and the Walsingham Branch Surgery. Dates are announced well in advance and advertised in the surgery, on the website, and in surgery notes. Once we have received our flu vaccinations, patients eligible for a free flu vaccination can request a vaccination at reception and a practice nurse will administer the vaccination at the earliest opportunity (Please note this may involve a short wait) or sign up to one of our flu clinics.
Minor surgery is offered, including removal of moles and cysts, joint injections, cryotherapy and treatment of in-growing toenails, in our fully equipped minor surgery room.
Services for Women
We provide a full range of contraceptive services including coil fitting and implants. Once you are established with your chosen contraceptive method, follow-up can be undertaken at our nurse-run contraceptive clinic. We are happy to discuss the risks and benefits of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and advice can be given either by one of our nurses or your own doctor. Our nurses are also skilled at taking cervical smears and can offer a well woman check if required.
Services for Young People
- Free condoms, and the C-card scheme run by nurses.
- First and ongoing prescription for contraceptive pill, combined pill and progesterone only pill.
- Prescription for contraceptive injection – given by the Nurses.
- Free fitting of both the copper and Mirena coil and Implanon (contraceptive implant)
- All contraceptives are provided free of charge.
- Morning after pill -this ideally needs to be taken within 24 hours of having unprotected sex but can be taken up to 5 days after sex, however it becomes less effective the longer you leave it!
- Access to a doctor who can refer you to abortion/pregnancy advice services.
- Advice on all health issues.
- Healthy eating advice and weight management.
For more information or advice please visit the Wellbeing Centre.
Out of hours is available between 18:30 and 08:00 Monday to Friday and from 18:30 Friday to 08:00 Monday.
IC24 provide cover for this area. The doctor on duty will either give you advice over the telephone or arrange to see you at their base or, if necessary, at home.
To organise an appointment out of hours, please dial 111.